1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you bought for the bike today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dark46, 29 May 2014.

1. Hedgemonkey

Hedgemonkey Upright and forwards, just.

Some cables and bar ends to complete all the parts needed to convert from drops to flat-ish bars in an attempt to cure the numb thumb and forefinger on my daily commute.
    Typically though, it was so cold this morning, I couldn't feel any of my digits. :ohmy:.

Attached Files:

RealLeeHimself and jowwy like this.
  2. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

multi release spd cleats .. upload_2018-2-5_13-26-28.jpeg £8.99 from hellfrauds

jay clock and Hedgemonkey like this.
  3. Justinitus

Justinitus Regular

Thanks for the heads-up ColinJ, I bought 2 sets this morning and for what they are they’re excellent value! Bought one set in lime/orange as a spare rear light for the Toughroad and the front light fits nicely on top of my Kask Mojito helmet. The other set in pink/blue is for my newly acquired but previously unloved Dahon Curve (aka Clown Force One... as it came with a humongous honk honk horn on it!) that I’m currently rebuilding for guest/town use.

Screwfix have a pack of 2 x CR2032 batteries reduced to 49p at the moment so I got a couple of packs on my way home for spares.

ColinJ likes this.
  4. Domus

Domus Senior Member

Two pairs of Aztec V-Brake Plus inserts. Winter riding takes it's toll.
    Had a mechanical on Sunday, chain came off and jammed off the smallest cog. Struggled to keep bike upright whilst removing back wheel to free it. Two cyclists went past ignoring my plight. Anyway with all my pushing and pulling I must have cocked up the rear brake and one side was rubbing all the way home. I thought I was just tired :wacko: Upshot was all pads nearing their limit so new pads all round.

Elysian_Roads likes this.
  5. pjd57

pjd57 Über Member

A new bell.

Since a lot of my runs are on the canal, not having one is a problem.

Not as big a problem as extending dog leads though.

6. Hedgemonkey

Hedgemonkey Upright and forwards, just.

Or those Carbon poles that seem to reach across the canal and into the next County.

raleighnut and pjd57 like this.
  7. DP

DP Chasse patate

Well arrived today. Silca tool roll with boa closure. Totes poncey!

B5B8F19D-4ED4-498B-8682-9354E7BB6B76.jpeg

ADarkDraconis, JhnBssll and bpsmith like this.
  8. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

It’s a slippery slope now!

Started with that and now have numerous Silca items. None of them anything but top quality.

DP likes this.
  9. Alberto Balsam

Alberto Balsam Active Member

A pair of Lezyne lights from Merlin as they were on offer. I only went in to but a light for my helmet.. 35 Quid for the lot^_^

10. Elysian_Roads

Elysian_Roads Well-Known Member

Thanks to @pjd57 and @ColinJ, a garden spray bottle. This one from Wilko, 8ltrs hand pressurised. Wasn't
    bought today but has been in use to clean two bikes. Really useful solution for those without an outside tap, plus provides a reasonable spray in those hard to get places. 8ltrs enough volume to clean two bikes, one so dirty it had tide marks!!!!

ADarkDraconis, ColinJ and pjd57 like this.
  11. meta lon

meta lon Guru

2x 2.4 Mavic Quest XL tubeless tyres..increased wetty grippyness

12. pjd57

pjd57 Über Member

An OXYLED rechargeable light set, model BL01 from Amazon.

Haven't fitted them on either bike.
    They're officially Spares.

Look decent.
    Look great for the discounted price my Mrs found them at. £8 .

Edit to say they're back up to £13 but still good quality for the money.

13. Drago

Drago Guru

A set of old 1970s rubber block pedals for my 1970s Tracker project. Cow horn bars next.

meta lon and raleighnut like this.
  14. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

Scosche Rhythm+ HRM. I hate my chest strap so gone with this for use on forearm. It’s ANT+ for my Garmin and Bluetooth for linking to AppleTV for Zwift.

Also bought an AppleTV 4K so I can relocate the AppleTV 4 to the garage for Zwifting.

Love the AppleTV’s. Very good media player and cheapest way into Zwift on the big screen too.

iancity likes this.
  15. snertos999

snertos999 Well-Known Member

bars.jpg
    Giving me a bit more bar real estate on the hybrid.