What have you bought for the bike today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dark46, 29 May 2014.

1. Alberto Balsam

Alberto Balsam Active Member

A pair of Lezyne lights from Merlin as they were on offer. I only went in to but a light for my helmet.. 35 Quid for the lot^_^

2. Elysian_Roads

Elysian_Roads Senior Member

Thanks to @pjd57 and @ColinJ, a garden spray bottle. This one from Wilko, 8ltrs hand pressurised. Wasn't
    bought today but has been in use to clean two bikes. Really useful solution for those without an outside tap, plus provides a reasonable spray in those hard to get places. 8ltrs enough volume to clean two bikes, one so dirty it had tide marks!!!!

3. meta lon

meta lon Guru

2x 2.4 Mavic Quest XL tubeless tyres..increased wetty grippyness

4. pjd57

pjd57 Über Member

An OXYLED rechargeable light set, model BL01 from Amazon.

Haven't fitted them on either bike.
    They're officially Spares.

Look decent.
    Look great for the discounted price my Mrs found them at. £8 .

Edit to say they're back up to £13 but still good quality for the money.

5. Drago

Drago Guru

A set of old 1970s rubber block pedals for my 1970s Tracker project. Cow horn bars next.

Salty seadog, meta lon and raleighnut like this.
  6. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

Scosche Rhythm+ HRM. I hate my chest strap so gone with this for use on forearm. It’s ANT+ for my Garmin and Bluetooth for linking to AppleTV for Zwift.

Also bought an AppleTV 4K so I can relocate the AppleTV 4 to the garage for Zwifting.

Love the AppleTV’s. Very good media player and cheapest way into Zwift on the big screen too.

iancity likes this.
  7. snertos999

snertos999 Senior Member

bars.jpg
    Giving me a bit more bar real estate on the hybrid.

8. ADarkDraconis

ADarkDraconis Cardinal Member

New fenders and a rear rack so that if it is a smidge warmer and keeps above freezing this coming week like the weatherman says I can start my new commute! I wanted silver but all the little LBS by my work stocked in my size was black, I'm sure they will still look nice.

Elysian_Roads likes this.
  9. ADarkDraconis

Ugh, so the rack has to go back today. The supports on it were too short, it must've been made for a bike with smaller wheels (you think the guy at the shop would've told me). Back to the store if I get a lunch break today...

10. Pumpkin the robot

Pumpkin the robot Über Member

Innertubes. A screw went straight through the centre of my tire.

ADarkDraconis and Elysian_Roads like this.
  11. Heigue'r

Heigue'r Über Member

Some brake pads and a pair of glasses.

ADarkDraconis and Elysian_Roads like this.
  12. ADarkDraconis

Ok, Axiom rack taken back today and exchanged for a Topeak with higher clearance to fit with fenders (it's not as pretty, but hopefully works.) Fingers crossed!

raleighnut and Elysian_Roads like this.
  13. Dec66

Dec66 A gentlemanly pootler, these days

New wheels for the Mongoose.

It has Alex Rims PC19's on it, but the freehub pawls are shot on the rear, which is also as kinky as a Tory peer. It's also going to need a new chain and cassette, and it just so happens that my new generic wheelset comes with a Shimano 8 speed cassette (12-32).

So, when they come, off with the old, take the discs off, stick them and the cassette on the new ones, and down to the LBS for gear service, new chain and new cabling.

I'm possibly investing too much in what is essentially a pub bike these days, but hey.

Elysian_Roads and Threevok like this.
  14. Threevok

Threevok Über Member

dhb Slice 30L Rucksack for me

Hope QR Skewers (Blue) for the "inbred" build

15. Nothing for the bike, but I have just bought a Gibson Les Paul to keep me occupied while the swelling in me knee goes down

rockpig, Nibor, BianchiVirgin and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice