What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elysian_Roads

Just ordered a garden spray bottle , since a few folk on here recommended them for bike cleaning.
Thanks to @pjd57 and @ColinJ, a garden spray bottle. This one from Wilko, 8ltrs hand pressurised. Wasn't
bought today but has been in use to clean two bikes. Really useful solution for those without an outside tap, plus provides a reasonable spray in those hard to get places. 8ltrs enough volume to clean two bikes, one so dirty it had tide marks!!!!

pjd57

Veteran
An OXYLED rechargeable light set, model BL01 from Amazon.

Haven't fitted them on either bike.
They're officially Spares.

Look decent.
Look great for the discounted price my Mrs found them at. £8 .

Edit to say they're back up to £13 but still good quality for the money.

bpsmith

Veteran
Scosche Rhythm+ HRM. I hate my chest strap so gone with this for use on forearm. It’s ANT+ for my Garmin and Bluetooth for linking to AppleTV for Zwift.

Also bought an AppleTV 4K so I can relocate the AppleTV 4 to the garage for Zwifting.

Love the AppleTV’s. Very good media player and cheapest way into Zwift on the big screen too.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
bars.jpg

Giving me a bit more bar real estate on the hybrid.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
New fenders and a rear rack so that if it is a smidge warmer and keeps above freezing this coming week like the weatherman says I can start my new commute! I wanted silver but all the little LBS by my work stocked in my size was black, I'm sure they will still look nice.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
New fenders and a rear rack so that if it is a smidge warmer and keeps above freezing this coming week like the weatherman says I can start my new commute! I wanted silver but all the little LBS by my work stocked in my size was black, I'm sure they will still look nice.

Ugh, so the rack has to go back today. The supports on it were too short, it must've been made for a bike with smaller wheels (you think the guy at the shop would've told me). Back to the store if I get a lunch break today...

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
New wheels for the Mongoose.

It has Alex Rims PC19's on it, but the freehub pawls are shot on the rear, which is also as kinky as a Tory peer. It's also going to need a new chain and cassette, and it just so happens that my new generic wheelset comes with a Shimano 8 speed cassette (12-32).

So, when they come, off with the old, take the discs off, stick them and the cassette on the new ones, and down to the LBS for gear service, new chain and new cabling.

I'm possibly investing too much in what is essentially a pub bike these days, but hey.

Top Bottom