1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you bought for the bike today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dark46, 29 May 2014.

1. ADarkDraconis

ADarkDraconis Well-Known Member

Ohio, USA
    New fenders and a rear rack so that if it is a smidge warmer and keeps above freezing this coming week like the weatherman says I can start my new commute! I wanted silver but all the little LBS by my work stocked in my size was black, I'm sure they will still look nice.
    Elysian_Roads likes this.
  2. ADarkDraconis

Ohio, USA
    Ugh, so the rack has to go back today. The supports on it were too short, it must've been made for a bike with smaller wheels (you think the guy at the shop would've told me). Back to the store if I get a lunch break today...
  3. Pumpkin the robot

Pumpkin the robot Über Member

Innertubes. A screw went straight through the centre of my tire.
    ADarkDraconis and Elysian_Roads like this.
  4. Heigue'r

Heigue'r Über Member

Some brake pads and a pair of glasses.
    ADarkDraconis and Elysian_Roads like this.
  5. ADarkDraconis

Ohio, USA
    Ok, Axiom rack taken back today and exchanged for a Topeak with higher clearance to fit with fenders (it's not as pretty, but hopefully works.) Fingers crossed!
    raleighnut and Elysian_Roads like this.
  6. Dec66

Dec66 Über Member

West Wickham
    New wheels for the Mongoose.

It has Alex Rims PC19's on it, but the freehub pawls are shot on the rear, which is also as kinky as a Tory peer. It's also going to need a new chain and cassette, and it just so happens that my new generic wheelset comes with a Shimano 8 speed cassette (12-32).

So, when they come, off with the old, take the discs off, stick them and the cassette on the new ones, and down to the LBS for gear service, new chain and new cabling.

I'm possibly investing too much in what is essentially a pub bike these days, but hey.
    Elysian_Roads and Threevok like this.
  7. Threevok

Threevok Über Member

South Wales
    dhb Slice 30L Rucksack for me

Hope QR Skewers (Blue) for the "inbred" build
  8. Nothing for the bike, but I have just bought a Gibson Les Paul to keep me occupied while the swelling in me knee goes down
    rockpig, Nibor, BianchiVirgin and 2 others like this.
  9. Leodis

Leodis Über Member

Moortown, Leeds
    20 bottles of Kwaremont beer and 10 bottles of Omer beer.. Getting ready for the classics..
    Elybazza61, mgs315, HLaB and 4 others like this.
  10. Justinitus

Justinitus N+3... but working on that

Bought the Giant Toughroad a baby brother, a 2018 Diverge E5 Sport. Fancied a drop bar bike for ages but couldn’t get comfy on anything due to back/nerve/arthritis issues... until I tried a Diverge :-)
  11. I ve no idea how many miles my wheels have done but in the two years Ive had them that bike has done 12,000 miles. I think the first year they were winter wheels but they came through winter better than the summer wheels and this year theyve been 99% used. So I figured out it was best to buy another set before my lejog attempt. So Ive orded some Hunts but folk tell me they are not the best when it comes to delivery :ohmy:
  12. mgs315

mgs315 Active Member

Not the bike but for me. Set of Castelli arm warmers (though it may be a while til I use them looking at the forecast..) and 30 more SIS Go apple gels.

Annoyingly I’m now working the next 6 Sunday days at work so no cycling club related shenanigans for me any time soon. I guess it’s back to the turbo/spin/road intervals.
  13. iancity

iancity Senior Member

14. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

Just ordered a Wahoo, fed up with the garmin.should arive Thursday ready for the weekend.
  15. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

Thought I'd be doing the same but got the 520 working with a reset after shutting itself down on Sunday;will probably go the Wahoo route though if the Garmin has any more glitches.