What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Bought the Giant Toughroad a baby brother, a 2018 Diverge E5 Sport. Fancied a drop bar bike for ages but couldn’t get comfy on anything due to back/nerve/arthritis issues... until I tried a Diverge :-)

I ve no idea how many miles my wheels have done but in the two years Ive had them that bike has done 12,000 miles. I think the first year they were winter wheels but they came through winter better than the summer wheels and this year theyve been 99% used. So I figured out it was best to buy another set before my lejog attempt. So Ive orded some Hunts but folk tell me they are not the best when it comes to delivery :ohmy:

mgs315

Not the bike but for me. Set of Castelli arm warmers (though it may be a while til I use them looking at the forecast..) and 30 more SIS Go apple gels.

Annoyingly I’m now working the next 6 Sunday days at work so no cycling club related shenanigans for me any time soon. I guess it’s back to the turbo/spin/road intervals.

Just ordered a Wahoo, fed up with the garmin.should arive Thursday ready for the weekend.

Thought I'd be doing the same but got the 520 working with a reset after shutting itself down on Sunday;will probably go the Wahoo route though if the Garmin has any more glitches.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Thought I'd be doing the same but got the 520 working with a reset after shutting itself down on Sunday;will probably go the Wahoo route though if the Garmin has any more glitches.
It arrived today, just setting it up, initial setup is different to the garmin, if you want turn by turn navigation you have to use ride with gps, it's a bit of faffing around but i soon got my head around it, just need some descent weather to try it out.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
For my Lee Cooper project:

Another tin of Wilko's Spa Blue enamel
Wilko's aluminium bottle cage
Shimano BB
Tektro brake levers

It arrived today, just setting it up, initial setup is different to the garmin, if you want turn by turn navigation you have to use ride with gps, it's a bit of faffing around but i soon got my head around it, just need some descent weather to try it out.

:thumbsup:

If the 520 behaves itself may look at a proper mapping unit to use on long rides/touring etc;but if it keeps playing up may go the Wahoo route,been pleased with the Tickr HRM which has been more stable than the Garmin one I used before.

derrick

:thumbsup:

If the 520 behaves itself may look at a proper mapping unit to use on long rides/touring etc;but if it keeps playing up may go the Wahoo route,been pleased with the Tickr HRM which has been more stable than the Garmin one I used before.
Am looking forward to trying it out, i only bought it as one of the girls in the club was using one, we where riding in Spain there where a few people using garmins, but it was the Wahoo that got every turn spot on.^_^

bpsmith

Veteran
Not a purchase that I will enjoy, although gutted to say so, but bought these on behalf of my Brother. Fantastic bargain!

He ended up paying £983.97 after 10% discount in store, plus a further 8% off with Leisure Card through work.

Strangely, the Black decal front wheel has been dropping in price each day this week, and back up to over £700 today. Timing is everything!

B332071A-E19F-4EA0-98A3-7E5EF9066A0A.jpeg

mgs315

For me, not the bike today. Castelli cycling cap and fluorescent overshoes because I felt like it and pay day.

derrick

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Bought this for my 13yo as a replacement for his winter Formeula 700, soon to be on sale: edit - SOLD before being on sale! I'm collecting tomorrow. Sorry @biggs682 as I know you had one on sale but it's local and a bargain:

s-l1600.jpg

And we're picking up this on Monday, to be built into a replacement for his Giant TCR training bike:

28276359_10160005005245394_1123263349541057272_n.jpg

Oh, the joys of growing children :surrender:

Last edited:
Top Bottom