What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not for me, it's my wifes birthday so i bought her a pair of these https://www.huntbikewheels.com/coll...season-aero-road-wheelset-1420g-28deep-22wide
I fitted some for a mate earlier in the week, they looked and felt like really good value for money wheels. Not sure whether to go tubeless, am looking into it, need to speak to a few more people before deciding, she is looking forward to trying them.
View attachment 398274
I ordered their slightly deeper rims a the start of the week. My mate says Hunts delivery is poor and they're constantly delaying how did you find it?
I went for the tubeless fit a few friends of mine are tubeless including a former national vet champ and I have a tubeless disc which I've been happy with (a bit of a mess but then fit and forget). My only worry on a road bike is because I'm getting no p'tures I leave them on a tad too long beyond that I can't see an issue.

JhnBssll

Veteran
The first of my edge-mount out front stem mounts arrived today, this one was for the Roubaix. Fitted in minutes but still have some time to wait until the Hammerhead Karoo arrives to sit on it :laugh: I wish I'd bitten the bullet and ordered it a bit earlier but you never know with these things. Ordered a longer mount for the Bianchi so I can fit it to the lower 2 stem bolts for a slightly more aero setup :bicycle::bicycle:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I ordered their slightly deeper rims a the start of the week. My mate says Hunts delivery is poor and they're constantly delaying how did you find it?
I went for the tubeless fit a few friends of mine are tubeless including a former national vet champ and I have a tubeless disc which I've been happy with (a bit of a mess but then fit and forget). My only worry on a road bike is because I'm getting no p'tures I leave them on a tad too long beyond that I can't see an issue.
Delivered the day after i ordered them, good communication with them, can't fault the company, am still deciding what way to go, but tubeless is looking good,

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Ordered a pair of problem solvers v brake travel agents.
I'm going back to my trusty drop bars as I just don't like the flat ones but I need to keep the v brakes so I can stop the bloody thing. My 11 year old daughter has stronger hands than me atm.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
2x Blackburn Mars rear light. £2.99 each delivered from Tredz, absolute bargain!
39118-96652_1_Supersize.jpg

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
A clearance saddle bag for the Tern, 2 x Elite stealth black bottle cages and a multi tool for the Diverge. All from Merlin and despatched with tracking details within an hour.

2 x Camelback Podium Dirt bottles (with the rubber caps) in smoke stealth from Cyclestore.

Need a mini pump for the Diverge, but still undecided. Feel a trip over to Avon Valley Cyclery for a gander is in order!

I don't know if it really makes much difference but when Ultegra R8000 came out I upgraded my crank to a 4 bolt 172.5mm 6800 cranks at a decent price to make the cranks on all my bikes the same length. The crank I got was a 52/36 perfect for round here but my idea was that Id swap the rings for a 50/34 if any big rides came along. I bought the 34t ages ago but only just got round to getting the 50t tonight. I ordered a new chain too (the cassette is only a few 100 miles old so should be OK). So I should be good to swap it over when they arrive, if not I'll swap my old 175mm 6700 (50/34) crank back in.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Going to collect my new Bianchi Sempre Pro on Saturday morning. Looking forward to that. Shop phoned me today. "Where would you like the bike delivering to? It's all packed and ready". Me "eh?. I'm collecting. I don't want it posted. I only queried posting in case I couldn't make it on Saturday". Them "Oh....mutter mutter...unbox....see you Saturday......".
Can't win.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Going to collect my new Bianchi Sempre Pro on Saturday morning. Looking forward to that. Shop phoned me today. "Where would you like the bike delivering to? It's all packed and ready". Me "eh?. I'm collecting. I don't want it posted. I only queried posting in case I couldn't make it on Saturday". Them "Oh....mutter mutter...unbox....see you Saturday......".
Can't win.

That's pretty exciting! Looking forward to pics :laugh:

I received and fitted my second edge-mount today, this time for the Bianchi ^_^ I'm expecting the Karoo sometime in April :becool:

Got to admit I love the SuperZero bar and stem, super comfy and they certainly look the part :blush:

Top Bottom