What have you bought for the bike today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dark46, 29 May 2014.

1. BianchiVirgin

BianchiVirgin Well-Known Member

Not bought exactly but shipped it off down the road for a shock and fork service. Will have it back in a few a days.

ADarkDraconis likes this.
  2. Justinitus

Justinitus Pie Muncher Extraordinaire

A clearance saddle bag for the Tern, 2 x Elite stealth black bottle cages and a multi tool for the Diverge. All from Merlin and despatched with tracking details within an hour.

2 x Camelback Podium Dirt bottles (with the rubber caps) in smoke stealth from Cyclestore.

Need a mini pump for the Diverge, but still undecided. Feel a trip over to Avon Valley Cyclery for a gander is in order!

3. I don't know if it really makes much difference but when Ultegra R8000 came out I upgraded my crank to a 4 bolt 172.5mm 6800 cranks at a decent price to make the cranks on all my bikes the same length. The crank I got was a 52/36 perfect for round here but my idea was that Id swap the rings for a 50/34 if any big rides came along. I bought the 34t ages ago but only just got round to getting the 50t tonight. I ordered a new chain too (the cassette is only a few 100 miles old so should be OK). So I should be good to swap it over when they arrive, if not I'll swap my old 175mm 6700 (50/34) crank back in.

ADarkDraconis likes this.
  4. Nibor

Nibor Über Member

A set of open pro on tiagra 36 spokes from Rose bikes for my latest build for the bloater that I am

Thorn Sherpa and HLaB like this.
  5. Low Gear Guy

Low Gear Guy Well-Known Member

Yesterday my new Carradice bar bag arrived. I already have the klik fit mounting in place so I am ready to go.

ADarkDraconis and Elysian_Roads like this.
  6. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

Nothing,,,,,

,,,but I may have been pricing up a new bike build:whistle:.

ADarkDraconis and Elysian_Roads like this.
  7. BianchiVirgin

Going to collect my new Bianchi Sempre Pro on Saturday morning. Looking forward to that. Shop phoned me today. "Where would you like the bike delivering to? It's all packed and ready". Me "eh?. I'm collecting. I don't want it posted. I only queried posting in case I couldn't make it on Saturday". Them "Oh....mutter mutter...unbox....see you Saturday......".
    Can't win.

8. JhnBssll

JhnBssll Senior Member

That's pretty exciting! Looking forward to pics :laugh:

I received and fitted my second edge-mount today, this time for the Bianchi ^_^ I'm expecting the Karoo sometime in April :becool:

Got to admit I love the SuperZero bar and stem, super comfy and they certainly look the part :blush:

Elysian_Roads and RealLeeHimself like this.
  9. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

The Topeak rack and bag system is superb, I've used it on several bikes for years (2 bikes with fixed racks and a 'clamp on' beam rack) they will take standard panniers but the slide/click Topeak top bags are the nuts.

Elysian_Roads likes this.
  10. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

Enjoy the Sempre Pro @BianchiVirgin. Had mine for a couple of years now and really enjoy it.

They stopped making it for a bit, but demand has it back on this years catalogue.

11. Justinitus

Justinitus Pie Muncher Extraordinaire

Well, the 2 bottles arrived today packed in a cheap, thin Jiffy bag with both bottles inside crushed. I would surmise poor handling by Royal Mail but hardly the best packaging to start with by Cyclestore. They’ve gone back.

Elysian_Roads likes this.
  12. BianchiVirgin

Cheers. It's a 2016 model. Brand new but heavily discounted. Matt black version. Unlike many, I'm not gone on the whole celeste color thing. With Ultegra.

JhnBssll likes this.
  13. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

Funny you should say that. Mine happens to be Matte Black with Ultegra too.

14. BianchiVirgin

Collected earlier today and it looks great. Pics to follow if someone can guide me how to post, or from what platform is best.
    Also picked my 10 year old son a second hand Fuji hardtail. Should keep him going for a year or 3! Nice little bike and a lucky find. Spent a while adjusting a few things and swapping the bar for a smaller one.

15. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Overconfidentii Vulgaris Moderator

If the pictures are on the device you are posting from, just click on the "upload a file" button while composing your post and it'll allow you to select the files to attach.

raleighnut and BianchiVirgin like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice