What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ok, Axiom rack taken back today and exchanged for a Topeak with higher clearance to fit with fenders (it's not as pretty, but hopefully works.) Fingers crossed!
The Topeak rack and bag system is superb, I've used it on several bikes for years (2 bikes with fixed racks and a 'clamp on' beam rack) they will take standard panniers but the slide/click Topeak top bags are the nuts.

bpsmith

Veteran
Enjoy the Sempre Pro @BianchiVirgin. Had mine for a couple of years now and really enjoy it.

They stopped making it for a bit, but demand has it back on this years catalogue.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Collected earlier today and it looks great. Pics to follow if someone can guide me how to post, or from what platform is best.
Also picked my 10 year old son a second hand Fuji hardtail. Should keep him going for a year or 3! Nice little bike and a lucky find. Spent a while adjusting a few things and swapping the bar for a smaller one.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Collected earlier today and it looks great. Pics to follow if someone can guide me how to post, or from what platform is best.
Also picked my 10 year old son a second hand Fuji hardtail. Should keep him going for a year or 3! Nice little bike and a lucky find. Spent a while adjusting a few things and swapping the bar for a smaller one.
If the pictures are on the device you are posting from, just click on the "upload a file" button while composing your post and it'll allow you to select the files to attach.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Oh, and forgot to say, I swapped the rather cheap looking FSA Gossamer brake calipers for slightly less cheap looking Ultegra ones picked up on t'interweb.
FSA ones will be for sale imminently.

bpsmith

Veteran
Oh, and forgot to say, I swapped the rather cheap looking FSA Gossamer brake calipers for slightly less cheap looking Ultegra ones picked up on t'interweb.
FSA ones will be for sale imminently.
The FSA Gossamer brakes aren’t too bad, but I did notice a big difference in swapping to Ultegra on mine. People always suggest that it’s down to the pads. I tried the Gossamers with the new pads, the Ultegra calipers with Gossamer pads and then Ultegra calipers with Ultegra pads and the latter were definitely the best performing.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If the pictures are on the device you are posting from, just click on the "upload a file" button while composing your post and it'll allow you to select the files to attach.
Or it'll open a new tab, where you can select and upload the files, then close that tab and click More Options on the original tab and the files will appear attached to the post. It's a very strange system and it may work in yet other ways in other browsers.

bpsmith

Veteran
Some new shoes, helmet, bibs and SS base layer. Got to love the end of season sales combined with British Cycling discount at CRC, Quidco and 0% PayPal Credit. I had the cash sitting there, but rude not to pay over 12 months on 0%. :smile:

browny

Veteran
image.jpeg Bought for bike 105 spd-sl 5800 pedals.

Top Bottom