What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Tyres have far more influence, as long as your pedals/shoe combination doesn't flex or excessively put pressure in a very small spot, which few do.

I've not clipped in for years. I don't see it as worth it because I don't race so I don't need the extra effectiveness in exchange for some efficiency and I definitely don't need a sideways fall when my ankle or knee locks (as they do occasionally) causing me to fail to unclip. Plenty of other people like them, though.

However, if you do clip in, most of the modern ones should release you readily enough once you hit the ground unless you deliberately set them very very tight.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh and back more on topic (sorry, didn't notice which tab I'd left open): I bought a reusable collapsing 12 fl.oz coffee cup which I suspect will be going on tour with me at some point so I can avoid wasting those plasticised paper ones that cafés seem to love now.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Another knock at the door and I was greeted with these

91F97A10-9F79-4A3A-B870-3E5BFD2466D6.jpeg

SRAM single speed brake levers
Shimano R550 pedals
White industries ENO freewheel

C R

Guru
Decided to try some slicker tires instead of the knoblies for the commute. Have ordered a cheap pair of 26x1.50 from ebay, let's see how they roll.

rivers

How far can I go?
A pannier rack and set of panniers for my winter bike. My wife and I are potentially planning a bit of light touring later this year, and it wouldn't be fair to her to carry everything in her panniers. Plus a new cycle computer. I went with a lezyne micro computer as i can receive text notifications, so can see if the wife is trying to get ahold of me.

And my sister-in-law is bringing me these when she visits in August:
do_epic_shit_cycle_kit_front_full_2cdfe125-ade8-4392-a72f-f942de79dafa_1500x.jpg

do_epic_shit_cycle_kit_back_full_fcce7aad-4d2d-4c4a-b09b-bd82f48864b1_1500x.jpg

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A pair of Schwalbe Marathon tyres for my tourer, plus some new handlebar tape. Time to spruce her up a bit.

Heigue'r

Veteran
A pair of photochromic glasses.Having only recently started wearing glasses,I can see the benefit of these over changing lens's.

the_craig

Über Member
Ordered a couple pairs of bibshorts and socks from D2D since it will soon be time to get the knees on display once again.

Also ordered a pair of straps to secure the wheels and pedals when using the car rack.

The worst bit of it all is waiting on the chap at the door...

Top Bottom