What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Sram etap hydraulic brakes...........

Don't like the sound or cost of that.
Is there a failsafe system?
If it goes for a Burton do you lose all braking. Unlike two separately controlled brakes off one failed you'd have the other.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Don't like the sound or cost of that.
Is there a failsafe system?
If it goes for a Burton do you lose all braking. Unlike two separately controlled brakes off one failed you'd have the other.
Its two seperate brakes..........one for the front, one for the rear

Cost £300 each

JhnBssll

Veteran
its the best groupset i have ever used.......smooth as silk, easy to setup and runs like a dream, even with e road link and 42t cassette

I'm torn between Red eTap and Dura-Ace Di2 for the Bianchi - do you have experience with both? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, I know you've used Di2 in various guises as I've seen a few of your other posts... I've currently got SRAM Rival on one bike and Shimano Ultegra on the other and I think I prefer the SRAM... No experience with electronic shifting in any form as yet.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm torn between Red eTap and Dura-Ace Di2 for the Bianchi - do you have experience with both? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, I know you've used Di2 in various guises as I've seen a few of your other posts... I've currently got SRAM Rival on one bike and Shimano Ultegra on the other and I think I prefer the SRAM... No experience with electronic shifting in any form as yet.
Yeh i have a rigid mtb with xt di2.....which is a great set-up due to the fact you can run a 46t rear cassette without any issues and shifting is pretty slick.

But if running a road bike then sram etap is the way to go. No wires, simple to set up, one button up, one button down and if battery runs low, you can switch front battery to the rear.

Both are awesome groupsets

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've got a 598, top rack :okay:

I've got a few bits en route namely dhb leg warmers, new Oakleys and some bits for the new GPS unit when it arrives - wahoo sensors (speed and cadence), a storage bag and a strap to fix it to the bars in case it pops out of the mount for any reason. I had an email from Hammerhead earlier saying they're sending it out in a few weeks so thought I'd start collecting a few more bits ready :blush:

A new Thule 598 rack from Tredz as they were on great discount. It's an updated version of the excellent 591. And a carbon frame protector rubber thingy. And a set of frame protecting sticky sticker jobs for the main tubes and chain stay.
Thanks for that, I clicked on the link and found a Hollywood "over the top" rack that fits my car; I've been looking for something like this for ages!

Top Bottom