What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The tool kit mentioned in this post - thank you, Cycleops!
You could start off with one of theses, it’s got most of the basics: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/500-19-piece-bike-tool-set-id_8379660.html
Add what you need as and when. I’ve got one, good quality.
Will add some cone spanners, pretty comprehensive otherwise.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A couple of bits for the BeOne Raw Comp build:
  • Ultegra 6800 front derailleur - DuraAce wasn't worth the extra but it's DA rear derailleur and shifters with Ultegra 6800 brakes.
  • Ultra-light carbon steerer and top cap as it doesn't have a star nut in the forks. Found that out when fitting the headset top cone and spacers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JTC5DJ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?
(cant post image)

ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/endura-hummvee-lite-jersey/
Endura-Hummvee-Lite-Jersey-Internal-Red-NotSet-E3043RD-3.jpg

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-advantage-tee-blackblack-m/

Castelli-Advantage-T-Shirt-T-shirts-Grey-Melange-AW14-CS140740061.jpg

Gone mad :becool:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
This lot turned up

7EB891F7-BB02-4F2C-91BB-4AD8366CF28F.jpeg

Fikiz carbon bars
Fizik carbon seat post
Fizik stem
Fizik Arione saddle
Fizik bar tape
SRAM force brake calipers
Swissstop pads
Conti Grand Prix GT tyres
Shimano brake cable set
Garmin out front mount
All for my new build single speed

bpsmith

Veteran
Later on today I shall be buying these....:wub:

View attachment 400870
Very nearly bought those at one point. They look like they are quality rubber.

Only reason I didn’t buy was due to wider tyres now being preferable over narrower tyres, so not sure if the 23mm front is worth having compared to 25mm back?

Be careful when buying though, as the previous versions were 22mm front and 24mm back. There appear to be a number of sellers still selling these, or possibly just haven’t updated their websites in 2 years. Lol

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Very nearly bought those at one point. They look like they are quality rubber.

Only reason I didn’t buy was due to wider tyres now being preferable over narrower tyres, so not sure if the 23mm front is worth having compared to 25mm back?

Be careful when buying though, as the previous versions were 22mm front and 24mm back. There appear to be a number of sellers still selling these, or possibly just haven’t updated their websites in 2 years. Lol

Thanks for the warning! I will be extra vigilent. I am still unsure whether they will be worth the savings in rolling resistance in comparison to the existing Espoir Sports that came as standard with the bike?

bpsmith

Veteran
Thanks for the warning! I will be extra vigilent. I am still unsure whether they will be worth the savings in rolling resistance in comparison to the existing Espoir Sports that came as standard with the bike?
That’s always a tough call.

Personally, I have used Hutchinson Equinox abd the stock Giant tyres at the lower end and Continental GP4000S, Specialized S-Works Turbo plus Vittoria Corsa G at the higher end. There may be a wattage saving (which I believe that there actually is), but there is also an increase in grip and comfort to consider. Grip is what, for me, inspires confidence and this increases your speed. No brainer.

I favour the Vittoria Corsa G with gumwalls. That for me is Free Speed right there. :smile:

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I just looked at the rolling resistance for the S-Works Turbo in comparison to the GP4000 SI and it seems the GP has less resistance? But I guess there's more to determining a faster tyre than JUST the rolling resistance?

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I am still not sure as I don't wear cleats to get 'clipped on' to the bike. I just wear trainers and have the toe clips on the end to slide my feet in as I start cycling. Few friends have said to get pedals and shoes instead as this may be a better upgrade than tyres. BUT I am so scared of being attached to the bike if something was to happen...They said that I can adjust the strength of the attachment to the pedals - but I am still unsure....any ideas?

Top Bottom