What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Was browsing ebay yesterday, saw a nearly brand new Trek Domane ALR for sale with full Tiagra 4700 (used twice, selling for medical reason) at £400, I looked at the pictures, and the chainrings were still completely black so probably barely done 50 miles. Needless to say after consultation with upper management I'm now the owner, just hoping I can pick it up this weekend.

An absolute steal to be honest, the frameset retails for double that, and the groupset is priced at around that level, it's been in storage for a year and the chain looks like it has some surface rust, so a new chain and probably some lubrication and it'll be good to go.

Only downside is Mrs C said one in one out.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Some Team Panasonic bar end plugs for my Merckx, and for my Simoncini some new bar tape, new Flite saddle to replace the one with a snapped rail it had, and some 25c Pirelli P Zero tyres.

Noticed that the outers on my everyday bike are worn through where they rub.

Found that Merlin sell SP41 outer in precut lengths. Sp bought some of that and two ss gear cables.

While there I bought a new spoon saddle, some winter gloves, some summer mtb gloves and a hip pop lock which will be perfect for the nursery run.

Dear those outers.

I didn't know Merlin were based at Chorley... Anyone know if they let you pick up?

yes ,well I say yes as ive picked up stuff in the past but not for a while , shop on site too
.Merlin Cycles Ltd
A4 Buckshaw Link
Ordnance Road
Buckshaw Village
Chorley
Lancashire
PR7 7EL

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
2 x On One Jobsworth Bobby Dazzler self contained lights at £20 each (twin LED with a cob light on the top for camping/on trail repairs) - bargain, and a on-one XC helmet for £15, oh and a brush that connects to the end of the hose for £1.99

pjd57

Veteran
A new small HP pump , which hopefully I will never use.

Stopped to lend mine to someone whose pump was obviously gubbed and mine fell apart as well

Some bits for the new Ridley;

Di2 internal junction box
Di2 seat post battery holder
Supernova go-pro mount adapter
Genetic D-Riser bars
SKS Speedrocker mudguards

DSK

Saris Bike Rack

631477?w=637&h=403.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A couple of pairs of disc brake pads for the Giant flatbar

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My new 'whispers' helmet is about 15 minutes away according to DPD. Part of the retention system on my old Bell lid has snapped with age (brittle plastic) so it's time for a new one. Spent a 'massive' £15.

Edit, can't fault it for £15, equally as good as the ones I've spent £100 on in the past.

Last edited:

Skanker

I bought a cheap and cheerful Trek 3700 for my bike today, so she can stay at home in the warm and dry while I go to work.
Virtually unused, just needed a quick squirt of wd40 on the chain, bit of a wipe down and some air in the tires, good to go.
Bontrager seat and handlebar stem and rear tire, specialized front tire, slime tubes, 21 speed, ready to be abused all winter, can be left on the outside of my boat, and thrown away once the nice weather comes back after Crimbo!

I went to the lbs to order a turbore trainer and they gave me such a good discount I bought two pairs of Endura overshoes. Lol, on the way out I spotted some Chinese Caratti bib longs and gloves x3 (look a Castelli copy to me) reduced in their sale and thought they'd be perfect for commuting. So in the end I almost spent my discount but I decided I was in need of some retail therapy and I'll use them.

Edit: Caratti is actually an Italian company and like nearly everything manufacturing is done in the Far East http://www.caratti.cc/cycle-clothing/caratti-elite-bib-tights

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A phone :smile:
My mobile is a bit of a brick so i needed a spare small phone to take out when riding , ebay search i picked up a moto e 2nd gen for a good price and i have a spare sim and can forward from the brick .

Top Bottom