What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
yep but out of stock, why finding replacement parts for an in stock current hub model is weird, right now its looking like i'll have to buy a complete new hub from China if i want to save the wheel, well i guess i also get a new hub body as well for the price. :blink:
nothing @ SJS?
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/novatec-hub-spares/

I can't recall where my Novatec hubs came from for my handbuilts...maybe
https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/produc...ear-f272-rear-black-or-silver-24h-28h-32h-36h

Yeah nothing on SJS either and I know Malcolm of thecycleclinic fame from BR :whistle:

DSK

Probike - Torque Wrench Kit
Dymoece Out Front stem mounted Garmin mount
1 new Zefal bar end mirror
Cateye under seat, seat rail mount

Gunk

Guru
Pair of EXUSTAR PM86 Dual Sided Pedals for my Raleigh, double sided so I can also ride in trainers and they look vintage.

Cheapest was Spa £35 👍

Last edited:

Zigzak789

A couple of inner tubes (getting difficult to get hold of at the moment) to add to the stock as I had to use a couple last week due to punctures, also got some extra tyre levers and a mini multi-tool to throw in my commuting backpack, already have these in my seat-post bag but extras never hurt.

Daninplymouth

Been a good day for me, had a carbon seatpost delivered from a member on here. And then my dcr wheels have finally arrived, shame I won’t get to try them out till monday though 😥

Gunk

Guru
Expensive day today, I won a good used San Marco saddle off eBay for my Raleigh TI rep.

And bought some toe clips and leather straps from Spa

This replaces all the missing original equipment, none of it will be fitted, just packed into a box together with some white Cinelli bar tape for safe keeping, but at least I now have the option to return the bike close to its original specification.

Mr Whyte

Since I got my bike I have been having quite a spend, today my Endura windstopper jacket arrived with some Whyte shorts, leg warmers and some lycra cycling bottoms.

tom73

Guru
Been thinking I need a bit of extra space for shopping. So bought a rear rack for the spa to go with the pair of unused ebay bargain panniers. Rack and bags cost less than one bag. :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Not bought but I got a new seatpost bolt for the carbon as I’d rather mashed it over the years :ph34r: supplied and fitted by Pearson’s which sold me the bike in 2011. Indeed it was sorted by the mechanic who built the bike!:becool:

Venod

Eh up
yep but out of stock, why finding replacement parts for an in stock current hub model is weird, right now its looking like i'll have to buy a complete new hub from China if i want to save the wheel, well i guess i also get a new hub body as well for the price

What Novatec hub is it, I have just converted a Formula hub from 142x12mm through axle to 135 QR by using a Prime axle from CRC it was only £7,99. a lot of axle parts are similar. the Prime axle would have fit my Novatec hub.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I wanted somewhere to carry food, phone and power bank when out on longer rides (rather than a jersey pocket) so I picked up a Topeak Toploader bag. I was concerned I may hit the bag with my knees when riding (which was what has had me umming and erring for the past few days), but it looks narrow enough to avoid this. I'll know once I get out on the bike. I should be able to open and close the zip on the bag one-handed while on the move which was one of my other criterium. And lastly, I'll be able to run a charging lead from the power bank to my Wahoo with the zip on the bag 99% closed as it closes from south to north (so to speak). I'm quite happy with my purchase. Now I just need to buy a new mount for my Wahoo that holds the head unit further away from the handlebars so I can fit a micro USB behind it when charging.

Top Bottom