Why do people

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Ride with such a large saddle to bar drop?? is it cause the bike is too small?? do they find it comfortable?

what is it.........

personally my saddle sits just below the height of my bars, but my cleats are also quite a far way back to stop foot and knee issues recurring, looking at some of the bikes in the photo gallery makes my eyes water, just thinking of sitting on some of those saddle heights...........

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
Why do people write topics with no subject in the topic title?
Hmmm Maybe it's a cheap way of having more people view the topic.
Why not just write "Ride with such a large saddle to bar drop?" in the topic title?

Cyclist33

Personal taste, I assume in most cases.

I'm 5 11 with long legs and short torso, ergo, I prefer a smaller bike with the seat post out as far as possible and a shorter reach. That said, I do need to have enough reach to prevent my shoulders hunching so having the bar lower helps.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Why do people write topics with no subject in the topic title?
Hmmm Maybe it's a cheap way of having more people view the topic.
Why not just write "Ride with such a large saddle to bar drop?" in the topic title?
why not answer the question and add something to the thread, rather than just comment on how it was posted...........if you don't like the title thread, then don't comment and walk away from it

winjim

Smash the cistern
Probably because they've seen a pro bike set up that way and are trying to emulate it.

Ganymede

Veteran
I've always wondered this - it looks like a quick way to get a really scrunched up neck! That's why I like my recumbent, your neck is straight and you have a good view of the world without strain.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Incidentally some of your bike photos show the saddle above the handlebar height...
they have since been re-adjusted for more comfort and foot, knee issues......but they still weren't as high as some

Cyclist33

they have since been re-adjusted for more comfort and foot, knee issues......but they still weren't as high as some

Well since you used to have your bikes set up that way maybe you can offer your own insight into why...

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Well since you used to have your bikes set up that way maybe you can offer your own insight into why...
for me it never really felt that comfortable and I always felt too arse up, head down........so I have adjusted them for more comfort

Top Bottom