Your favourite guitar solo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Yep, Highway Star is one of the great rock solos.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Have a listen to Michael Karoli's guitar on Verfolgung by Irmin Schmidt from the Filmmusik LP, top stuff.

You'll need the original vinyl LP, it was never released on cd except as part of the Electro Violet box set but they strangely didn't include all the tracks from the original release, missing off, in my humble opinion, the two best tracks, Verfolgung being one of them. Maybe the fact that it hasn't had a cd release is why I can't find a vid of it on YouTube, I don't know.
Anyway, search it out, it's excellent. @delb0y is in luck as I can pop it on the gramophone the next time he's round my house.

Last edited:

delb0y

Legendary Member
You'll need the original vinyl LP, it was never released on cd except as part of the Electro Violet box set but they strangely didn't include all the tracks from the original release, missing off, in my humble opinion, the two best tracks, Verfolgung being one of them.

Sounds like it's the sort of thing that might go for a princely sum on Discogs...

Great tracks, from a great album. I can remember buying The Crossing back in 83, played it to death.

Still got my Big Country vinyl LPs, but sadly, was conned into selling the 'picture discs' years ago
Ie; a Scotland shaped 'Fields Of Fire', 12" 'Chance', & semi-clear (translucent white?) 'Wonderland 12"

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...re+disc&selectedindex=7&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1

Smudge

Veteran
Top Bottom