Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
Not being able to go out this weekend due to other commitments I thought I'd nip out for a quick ride.

I checked back on my previous rides and I used to do this route in around 1h 22m. Tonight I thought I'd see how I well I could do and compare. I didn't check my watch or phone until I got back. Just missed out on getting within the hour, hitting 1h 1m !!! Maybe next time?

Regardless it was a nice ride out although I didn't see any other cyclists out which is very rare around here.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Synapse bar tape? The thick, spongey stuff? I stuck some on mine a few weeks back. Lush.

Oh yes! My bike came with it by default, but when I had the service at Pearsons they said they noticed a tear on one side (presumably after my fall a month and a bit ago) and they replaced it with really thin bar tape with old school speckles in it that made it look like someone had spilt tobacco all over it.

I've put up with it for a few weeks, but it feels like I'm gripping a lollipop stick, so had the 3.5mm Synapse tape put back on. Super comfy.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Quick utility ride yesterday. We rode down the Marriotts into Norwich. Bought a cover for my tablet thingy, put forms into the local council offices and then went for a cup of tea with our Debbie. Then home via Lakenham.
9.01 miles (not including the half a mile or so where we got off and walked through the pedestrian bit and then rode up St Stephens to Debs' place, in a leisurely 47 minutes. Not feeling the love of riding at all yesterday

ScotiaLass

Guru
Quick utility ride yesterday. We rode down the Marriotts into Norwich. Bought a cover for my tablet thingy, put forms into the local council offices and then went for a cup of tea with our Debbie. Then home via Lakenham.
9.01 miles (not including the half a mile or so where we got off and walked through the pedestrian bit and then rode up St Stephens to Debs' place, in a leisurely 47 minutes. Not feeling the love of riding at all yesterday
I miss Norfolk :sad:

ScotiaLass

Guru
I used to find Snettisham hill a bit of a pain.
I didn't ride when I lived there.
I had just had my first baby and had just given up the motorbike in favour of a car.
I just loved the area I lived in (near Acle)

Found my old house on street view...

Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 11.36.12.png

Billy Wizz

Über Member
Riding back to my digs in East London last night an Orbea Orca passed me like I was standing still, I was a slobbering wreck when I caught him at the Woolwich foot tunnel.
He must have thought I was a nut I couldn't stop asking questions about his bike which was 2009 model, two years younger than mine, I was on the trusty work bike my sirrus.
Not often you see a fellow Orbea owner.

philtalksbx

Über Member
Riding back to my digs in East London last night an Orbea Orca passed me like I was standing still, I was a slobbering wreck when I caught him at the Woolwich foot tunnel.
He must have thought I was a nut I couldn't stop asking questions about his bike which was 2009 model, two years younger than mine, I was on the trusty work bike my sirrus.
Not often you see a fellow Orbea owner.
What colour scheme was his (or yours)? I have a 2008 (ish) carbon Opal in the orange Euskadi Euskaltel livery. Don't see many around, so I know what you mean about the rarity value.

SteveF

74km today with my daughter. She isn't really a cyclist and I did tell her how far we were going but she was adamant that she wanted to do it... We were a little slow and she did struggle with 25km to go but she certainly toughed it out... good on her..:smile:

E Hanningfield.png

The windmill in West Hanningfield
WP_20150801_09_06_53_Pro.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

Ullesthorpe the destination, 34 miles the journey. My lad was taking his Mum for a days shopping today, so after I had taken my Good Lady to the station I got changed and got the bike out for a short pootle. Took a direct route out, left the city through Wood End, saves me using the big island where the M6 and M69 meet, and on to Shilton in shilton I turned for Withybrook, the other side of Withybrook I crossed the Fosse Way and headed for Monks Kirby where I turned up the shallow climb to cross Coal Pit lane then the A5 and onto Claybrook Pava where I turned through Ullesthorpe past the Dirty Duck pub and onto the Garden Centre for breakfast. On the way back I just reversed the route out. A cool cloudy breezy morning that didn't warm up till I was half way home, though it got very warm during the afternoon, definitely not as warm as you'd expect the first of August to be, I needed longs first thing. And it was hard work punching into that breeze most of the way home.

20150801_103912.jpg

Top Bottom