Another pathetic dim witted tweeting driver...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Nick

Times are changing and slowly cycling is coming back as a recognised and accepted means of transport and leisure by the masses

The police have a responsibility to address such comments to make the idiots who make them consider how stupid they are so its good to see they are looking into this

Dan B

Disengaged member
I know what you said, and it's nonsense. A majority of people deciding that something is antisocial does not make it so.
This, exactly. The majority may quite well decide something or want something for selfish reasons rather than social reasons. Tragedy of the Commons, etc etc

A misogynist with 4 daughters and a grand daughter? Yeah, right. If you wish to name-call a fellow member at least do some cursory research before plumping for moniker.

The only women I have a rabid dislike for are ones that tweet about hurting cyclists. And Teresa May.
Potayto Potarto.

You seem to think it's a character flaw in a women for you to find her unattractive. I call people who do that misogynistic. You may have another word for it.

(guess what, all misogynists have mothers. Many have wives. Daughters depends on the roll of the dice, unless you think misogyny is a genetic condition that means one can't produce sperm with an X chromosone)

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Potayto Potarto.

You seem to think it's a character flaw in a women for you to find her unattractive. I call people who do that misogynistic. You may have another word for it.

(guess what, all misogynists have mothers. Many have wives. Daughters depends on the roll of the dice, unless you think misogyny is a genetic condition that means one can't produce sperm with an X chromosone)

I agree. I can't think of any situation where someone's physical appearance is relevant to criticising their ideas and views.

Drago

Legendary Member
I agree. I can't think of any situation where someone's physical appearance is relevant to criticising their ideas and views.

No one has suggested that is the case. It Just pure good luck that Emma Way has convictions in relation to knocking a cyclist from his steed.

Last edited by a moderator:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
No one has suggested that is the case. It Just pure good luck that Emma Way has convictions in relation to knocking a cyclist from his steed and also happens to look like Kirk Douglas in a wig. I don't recall suggesting the latter was in any way connected to the former, it was just a happy coincidence. You might want to actually read the words Ben, not the empty lines between them.

And what possible reason is there to mention her appearance? It doesn't add anything to the discussion, it just makes you look like a neanderthal.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
The Carr case does not create a precedent.

R v Browning [2001]
EWCA Crim 1831 and R v Payne [2007] EWCA Crim 157 do however.

The offence under discussion here is not death by dangerous driving, which is what the convictions were for in the cases you've cited.

Getting back to the relevant offence, [S110 of The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986] it states the offence is to drive while using a mobile phone.

Carr's defence that he was not using his for the purposes of interactive communication was accepted by the court. If your statement were true, that defence would have been disregarded and he'd have been convicted.

GC

Drago

Legendary Member
ffs @Drago if you have nothing to add to the thread except to make stupid comments about a girls appearance, then go play somewhere else. Thanks for derailing the thread with your rubbish.
but you dont bat an eyelid when it descend to talk of the death penalty and burkhas. How strange that you feel you can be selective in the irrelevance you choose to take umbrage at.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
The offence under discussion here is not death by dangerous driving, which is what the convictions were for in the cases you've cited.

Getting back to the relevant offence, [S110 of The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986] it states the offence is to drive while using a mobile phone.

Carr's defence that he was not using his for the purposes of interactive communication was accepted by the court. If your statement were true, that defence would have been disregarded and he'd have been convicted.

GC

Carr's defence was accepted, but as it was at a Magistrate's court not a Crown court, it doesn't set a legal precedent, and other Mags might well reach the opposite conclusion in a similar case. Carr's expensive lawyer probably helped!

Top Bottom