Catch a driver going through red on video?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I agree with you that all non fault collusions carry psychological damage to the innocent party. My point is that by saying cyclists are less dangerous than cars we are alienating ourselves from our desired integration and acceptance.
Hmm. I think my point would have to be that anyone who wants to deny that cyclists are less dangerous than cars is clearly one ball short of a bearing, and I'm not at all sure that their acceptance means that much to me. Happily that's not the majority of car drivers, though: most people most of the time have a fairly clear idea that dangerous behaviour is wrong, and it's only where they haven't yet adjusted to the evidence that some behaviours (e.g. mobile phone use) can be dangerous that they really get pissy about it

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Hmm. I think my point would have to be that anyone who wants to deny that cyclists are less dangerous than cars is clearly one ball short of a bearing, and I'm not at all sure that their acceptance means that much to me. Happily that's not the majority of car drivers, though: most people most of the time have a fairly clear idea that dangerous behaviour is wrong, and it's only where they haven't yet adjusted to the evidence that some behaviours (e.g. mobile phone use) can be dangerous that they really get pissy about it
Wayhay my mental health now brought into question. Is it any wonder that articles about injured cyclist collect such distasteful comments from drivers when miitant, arrogant, untouchables like you exist.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
You have me so very wrong. I have never told the police that they should have something better to do.
What part of all RLJ is equal do you not understand?
BTW why not have a dig at totalyfixed for his use of "holier than thou"?

All RLJing is not equal - it's been pointed out many times that physical danger is not the same, risk is not the same, and now that psychological damage (which you brought up) won't be the same either. That's not to excuse the cyclists of course, but you shouldn't be trying to excuse the car drivers.

If drivers are to respect us we need to be seen to condem the actions of cyclists before drives (assuming the outcome of the offence is the same).

Err no. As a society, we should deal first of all with the most dangerous offences. With limited police resources, this means more serious offences must get dealt with on a higher priority than more minor ones. Oh hang on, that's how society and the police are already oriented.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I agree with you that all non fault collusions carry psychological damage to the innocent party. My point is that by saying cyclists are less dangerous than cars we are alienating ourselves from our desired integration and acceptance.

DKUATB. We were long ago alienated and separated as an out-tribe. Have you not read TRL549?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
All RLJing is not equal - it's been pointed out many times that physical danger is not the same, risk is not the same, and now that psychological damage (which you brought up) won't be the same either. That's not to excuse the cyclists of course, but you shouldn't be trying to excuse the car drivers.

Err no. As a society, we should deal first of all with the most dangerous offences. With limited police resources, this means more serious offences must get dealt with on a higher priority than more minor ones. Oh hang on, that's how society and the police are already oriented.
Where do you get the idea I am excusing car drivers from?
I remember you from the thread about the Bristolian on the electric bike you were attempting to defend his actions as well. Enough said.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm saying all RLJing should be reported. Am emphasis should be put on cyclists if filmed by cyclists to show car drivers we are not all Wayne Kers.

Why? The good drivers won't think that, and only the minority of bad drivers think that already no matter what you do. All you can do is bring consequences for bad driving and bad cycling to discourage future instances.

It's good that perhaps you do a little to reduce the bad cycling out there. Here are some of my contributions:

Suggested this cyclist go look for "Silly Cyclists" on youtube after he nearly ran down a pedestrian.

View: http://youtu.be/d6-2hUF2kms

Silly cyclist runs a red:

View: http://youtu.be/osb8vBZEVuQ

RLJer squirms with shame:

View: http://youtu.be/TUKXfcBbG3E

Bloody cyclists:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI6OOUvuHzo

...and a number of Silly Cyclists submissions I left for Gaz to have uniquely.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Where do you get the idea I am excusing car drivers from?
I remember you from the thread about the Bristolian on the electric bike you were attempting to defend his actions as well. Enough said.

Err no, I didn't defend his actions, please stop repeating that lie. Better comprehension needed?

And yes, you are excusing car drivers - you firmly agreed with the view we should leave the RLJing car drivers alone until we sort out bad cyclists, who are nothing to do with either of us. That's tolerating and thus excusing the drivers' wrongdoings. Tut tut!

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Err no, I didn't defend his actions, please stop repeating that lie. Better comprehension needed?
You were pretty much alone in that belief.

dodgy

When did all this "we must 'all' behave ourselves or we get a bad name" start? It's absolute bollocks, no other group feels the need to see themselves in this meek, "we're big boys now" kind of way. It's pathetic, if someone breaks the law, they've broke the law. It's simple.

Did it start with the so called 'mamil' movement?

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
So remind me, why do you think cyclists should sort each other out long before anyone looks at drivers? I've yet to see any cogent argument on it from you. Is that really a reasonable point of view?

Top Bottom