Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rliu

Veteran
Yep, that's what I mean, the bits with the springs and the bar.

So I'd take my wheel advice with a large pinch of salt.

They seem pretty solid imo, the join is very obvious though for what it's worth

Went for these and just before they sold out. One question though, do these need valve extenders? I have 42mm valve Continentals and these are advertised as 38mm rims

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Women’s Mavic cycling shoes reduced from £80 to £19. Sizes 5 to 7 1/2 all available at time of posting. SPD SL compatible.
https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/mavic-womens-echappee-shoe-O2214002.html?colour=117&wgu=5505_116019_15795273758369_b3174f5fbc&wgexpiry=1587303375&source=webgains&siteid=116019affiliate=webgains&utm_source=webgains&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=digidip GmbH

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Went for these and just before they sold out. One question though, do these need valve extenders? I have 42mm valve Continentals and these are advertised as 38mm rims

Probably. I use 60/80mm tubes and am fine, so you'll probably need a couple of 40mm valve extenders.

Alternatively, get longer valve tubes for the same price :whistle:

Tom B

Guru
Kmc Z8s 7-8 speed chains are £5-49 at CRC. Cheapest I've seen them for about 3years when they was on at 4-99. I suspect it's NOS as theyve been rebranded Z8 and are now in a plastic retail case.

Just about as cheap as you can buy them OEM wholesale. I prefer them to the Shimano equivalent if nothing else they look smarter.

New customers get £10 over £50. So that's 4-49ea if you buy 10. My father has just discovered a need for cycling gear. Perhaps your dog/cat/kids/alterego needs a CRC account.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com...o0jE6PDcybd8yQWcN3SfQwMkRPUgKno0aAnXgEALw_wcB

Halford don't sell them so no point looking for a price match.

Last edited:
Sorry, always get confused between different "quicklink" systems.

I normally use sram 8 and 9 speed chains and you can re-use the links on these (on the same chain of course) for easy chain breaking and rejoining for cleaning.

Can you re-use the KMC quicklinks on these chains?

Sorry, always get confused between different "quicklink" systems.

I normally use sram 8 and 9 speed chains and you can re-use the links on these (on the same chain of course) for easy chain breaking and rejoining for cleaning.

Can you re-use the KMC quicklinks on these chains?
There are both reusable and non-reusable in KMC's range. New chains include a reusable link.

vickster

Legendary Member
SportPursuit have women's Pearl Izumi Elite winter tights down from £70 to £20 (a good range also for the larger ladies amongst us ) (+P&P)

You need to join up to browse but they have good deals all over (be warned as they are a flash sale site, you may have to wait a few weeks for delivery)

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
SportPursuit have women's Pearl Izumi Elite winter tights down from £70 to £20 (a good range also for the larger ladies amongst us ) (+P&P)

You need to join up to browse but they have good deals all over (be warned as they are a flash sale site, you may have to wait a few weeks for delivery)

Ordered a Musto jacket and a couple of hoodies from them back in the autumn, order was cancelled by them for no known reason, no response to emails etc and ended up having to involve credit card company to get my money back, which took about 6 weeks. Just my personal experience although I’m sure others have been more successful.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've used a few times with no issues, but yes there is a risk they may not be able to get the item. I've ordered a piece of luggage from them today incidentally

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Ordered a Musto jacket and a couple of hoodies from them back in the autumn, order was cancelled by them for no known reason, no response to emails etc and ended up having to involve credit card company to get my money back, which took about 6 weeks. Just my personal experience although I’m sure others have been more successful.
I’ve used them on a couple of occasions, very quick delivery, no issues whatsoever.

Top Bottom