Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Would you fit these in 25 c ok though although not quite rated for that?

We've used them in 25mm tyres absolutely fine for about six years. Last night's flat was caused by a large piece of sharp gravel, so not down to the tube.

davidphilips

Veteran

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Would you use in carbon wheels? It says not suitable.

We do. Whether we should is a different matter. But we do.

Note they're in my son's wheels and he's a 55kg lightweight so isn't heavy on the brakes. It's about generating rim heat and he won't when braking.

Good morning,

I appreciate that this is quite niche....

.... but for keeping a commute bike on the road, Square Taper (110mm?) and the chain rings are steel, that is what, an extra 250 grams?
1688803605319.png

... and of course reduced from £90 :-) !, but even so... https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/shimano-claris-r2000-chainset-170mm-46x34t/

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Ajax Bay

Guru
Last edited:
Good afternoon,
@IanSmithCSE I run that on my mongrel hardtail drop bar, with 29er 2.1” tyres and a 11-30 cassette it’s perfect for commuting over rough ground with… i am a natural 70-90rpm kinda guy so prefect for me.
I have ordered one to try on my new (as in function not age) daily commuter.

Some days the commute is something that has to be done and is not fun, on those days changing gear is a chore, a real 1st world problem, so 46x11-28 is a 1x for the almost the whole route with just one hill needing a chainring change.

I did look at the unbranded alloy/steel chainsets that SJS/Spa and others have but this seemed better.

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom