Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Report back on the bib tights kindly recommended upthread.

Received AOK and mighty impressive for the price.

By no means as awkward as I expected (and let's face it if Joe public winces at the idea of lycra, bib lycra must be especially winceable) and am quietly confident that I could attend to "matters" in them. And I do now appreciate that the bib concept makes things a bit more relaxed round the waist.

Was seriously tempted to quickly order a second pair but must admit to certain doubts about how the pad will stand up to a long day ride - and due to the nature of the beast this will only be used on day rides.

Let's see.

But I may be a (very late) convert to the land of bibs.

But possibly with thicker pads, like my various shorts and 3/4 length things with built in pads.

Milzy

Guru
Report back on the bib tights kindly recommended upthread.

Received AOK and mighty impressive for the price.

By no means as awkward as I expected (and let's face it if Joe public winces at the idea of lycra, bib lycra must be especially winceable) and am quietly confident that I could attend to "matters" in them. And I do now appreciate that the bib concept makes things a bit more relaxed round the waist.

Was seriously tempted to quickly order a second pair but must admit to certain doubts about how the pad will stand up to a long day ride - and due to the nature of the beast this will only be used on day rides.

Let's see.

But I may be a (very late) convert to the land of bibs.

But possibly with thicker pads, like my various shorts and 3/4 length things with built in pads.
I was impressed with the feel of mine. Better than my £60 pearI Izumi. Can’t wait to try them out.

I was impressed with the feel of mine. Better than my £60 pearI Izumi. Can’t wait to try them out.
out of interest, did you go a size above what you would usually reckon?
I would usually be a large, but went to XL in these - waist seems fine (though not used on the bike) though this does leave a certain amount of excess material in the legs. Was always a great fan of Pearl Izumi though they do seem to be experts in price maintenance so haven't bought for a while.

Milzy

Guru
out of interest, did you go a size above what you would usually reckon?
I would usually be a large, but went to XL in these - waist seems fine (though not used on the bike) though this does leave a certain amount of excess material in the legs. Was always a great fan of Pearl Izumi though they do seem to be experts in price maintenance so haven't bought for a while.
Yes I went one size above. I always check their size guide first. Their small was something like 27 inch waste. I think 30 inch waste is skinny enough.

Mike_P

Guru
Might be bargain - Polaris have started a loyalty programme for a £19.99 annual membership with a introductory pack "worth £75", asks for Jersey and Glove sizes, promises post free orders, lower prices and vouchers for the difference on any item purchased which is subsequently lowered in price. Pity no actual details are given of what the introductory pack actually comprises. https://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/product-p/pol01-memb.htm

Milzy

Guru
Might be bargain - Polaris have started a loyalty programme for a £19.99 annual membership with a introductory pack "worth £75", asks for Jersey and Glove sizes, promises post free orders, lower prices and vouchers for the difference on any item purchased which is subsequently lowered in price. Pity no actual details are given of what the introductory pack actually comprises. https://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/product-p/pol01-memb.htm
I find it cheap crap anyway.
I won’t be signing up.

tom73

Guru
Wilko / Wilkinsons currently going 3 for 2 on most cycle stuff both in store and online.

I find it cheap crap anyway.
I won’t be signing up.
I don't think Polaris stuff is crap at all - I value it as pretty down to earth practical stuff.

I too had that mail about the new "club" and thought of starting a thread to discuss it.

My initial thoughts.

@ Don't like these pay-up front membership retail things at all - the Go Outdoors fiver a year thing I find a pain.

@ The charge seems high.

@ I looked at the terms and they are very vague.

@: Yes, no info on this introductory package at all.

@ If it is a success, folks who don't join will be paying a lot more for their stuff

@ If it's not a success, folks who pay the upfront charge will feel hard done by

@ General lack of transparency for those both in and out of the "club".

@ I hope they knock it on the head soon as I think it will put me off buying Polaris stuff, for, being out, I will feel that I am paying over the odds.

Mods feel free to move my ramblings to a new thread - should have done one before.

Agree, since they sent me the mail am inclined to bash out a polite mail back to them.

Praps they have got some new "bright spark" marketing bod in who wants some innovation to put on their cv.

Milzy

Guru
It reminds me of our Manager, he says if we kill our selves & work non stop buzzer to buzzer we can have £1.80 extra a day.
Don’t think the carrot is big enough some how.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I need a ladies MTB saddle for my missus. Newish 'bike' acquired but I need ladies to recommend an off road saddle - not road, nor hybrid. The bike has 100mm of suspension all around. I can see the existing saddle being no good (blokes).

My wife's hybrid saddle is quite padded, but won't suit an MTB with mud and water.

Recommendations ?

Top Bottom