Have you passed your Cycling Proficiency?

Have you taken either Cycling Proficiency or Bikeability Training?

• I passed my Cycling Proficiency

Votes: 172 63.0%
  • I failed my Cycling Proficiency

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • I passed my Bikeability

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • I failed Bikeability

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've never had any cycle training

Votes: 86 31.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick1836

Über Member
Got mine many years ago at school and recall the examiner was a Police Officer?
18_1303910255_5381_300_300.JPG

13 rider

Guru
Passed mine at Infant school about age 9 in 1976 .My nephew wears my badge on his school blazer . I gave to him when he passed his about 6 years ago and they didn't get a badge and he had a thing about badges .

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Did mine on my Kingpin which was still quite new then, so 1980 or '81. I know the certificate is still lurking around in a safe place as I saw it not that long ago but I don't remember having one of the badges.:sad:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I passed my cycling proficiency in rural Cambridgeshire on real roads in the mid 70s. I've probably still got the little badge somewhere, I found it in a drawer a year or so ago.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm from abroad, we don't have this, anyway never had a bike as a child.
I started riding regularly a few years ago, aged 48, mainly to save on commuting time.
Because of my involvement with a ladies cycling group, I got offered and took ride leader training and a cycle trainer course.
I failed the cycle trainer course first time - got to assistant only, then did it again and passed - barely :smile:
While I'm quite confident about the rules of the road, got a british driving license, I'm still not so good in manouvring the bike, especially tight right turns ... the cones thing :laugh:

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Cycling proficiency done a primary school Must be about 25 years ago...instructors were 2 coppers...I do remember doing the whole thing on an old ladies folding bike....embarrassing to say the least

I failed it. :blush:

I forget why but it may have been something to do with the bike I was on, my mother's Rayleigh shopper. Iirc despite my size for my age, I could not sit on the saddle and reach the pedals, so simple cycled standing up until I grew into the bike a few years later. I didn't get my own bike until I was 15.

U

User33236

I recall my primary school running it on alternate years for the top year only meaning every second year pupils missed out. Guess what half I was in?

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I've never had any bicycle training but I've been cycling on the road since I was 7, I recall many childhood bike rides from where I used to live in Warmley to Pucklechurch where my grandparents lived, always following my mum. We didn't have a car..

Sharky

Guru
Can hardly remember, but yes passed and the Certificates were presented by Harold Wilson!

Also passed my Cycling Badge with the scouts first time, but on leaving, noticed that we had just cycled back to the Police HQ by cycling up a one-way road in the wrong direction!

Keith

Top Bottom