Horse riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I'm surprised the conversation hasn't drifted towards the discussion of young ladies behinds in boots and tight jodphurs.

I could tell a tale about a horse a young lady, wellies, jeans and a bikini top, but I'm not going to.

martinclive

Über Member
Horses - fine
Horse poo all over the busway (Cambridge)
- in summer and daylight = annoying
- in winter in frozen piles in the darkness = dangerous!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
As I approached a horse rider coming towards me on a shared path, I was ticked off thus: "Your front light is on and it's distracting."
Maybe the horse rider was politely trying to say " Your high power strobe light is pointing right in my eyes and it's blinding me. Why don't you show some consideration and aim it more appropriately you Twonk!", or maybe they were just being an arse?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I see a lot of horse riders out and about and don't have any issues with them part for one time when two were galloping on the wrong side of the road straight towards me.

I always slow down and speak to them before going by and I like to think I treat them as I would like a car to treat me.

Kajjal

Guru
Health risk or not horse shoot is litter, and any considerate person doesn't leave litter all over the road/path.
I would agree, we pick up dog stuff why are horses allowed to do it all over the road and trails without at least an attempt made to move it out the way ?

How would horse riders feel if i dumped their horses manure in their living room ?

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Maybe the horse rider was politely trying to say " Your high power strobe light is pointing right in my eyes and it's blinding me. Why don't you show some consideration and aim it more appropriately you Twonk!", or maybe they were just being an arse?

There's been a couple of inquiries in the thread about the offending light.

It's a B&M standard front bike light powered by a Shimano dynohub.

In other words, it's a road legal bicycle light.

I'm not certain how it was set - probably pointing down a tiny bit as usual.

I could understand the rider's remark if I were using a ludicrously over-powered Cree search light.

The rider ought to accept she might encounter a cyclist using a legal light on an overcast day in heavy rain.

Kajjal

Guru
I'm not a horse rider, but I'm willing to hazard a guess that they would feel somewhat irritated, and rather surprised.

Why do you ask?
:smile:

They seem to have no problem letting their horses do it all over the place.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The image I had was worse, seeing as it involved Drago standing on an upturned beer crate.

Which reminds me of a trial involving a man accused of sexually interfering with a sheep.

He was alleged to have used an upturned bucket to stand on to gain extra purchase.

It was hard to keep a straight face when the bucket was passed around in court as an exhibit in the case.

Another tale from that one involved some police station humour which @Drago might appreciate.

The defendant was kept in police custody overnight.

In the morning the coppers gave him a plate of grass.

"What's this?" he asked.

To which the copper replied: "We thought you'd have the same breakfast as your girlfriend."

sarahale

Über Member
We can't be expected to get off our horses to clean up dung in the road, that's just an accident waiting to happen.

As far as I know there is no such thing as a horse nappy apart from for carriage driving.

Anyway I've been cycling for 4 years on roads used frequently by horses (lots of dung) never had a problem I just avoid it as I would a pot hole.

Sorry - having a problem keeping a straight face at some folks' idea that riders be expected to clean up their horses' dung after them.

Whatever will they come up with next? A requirement that seagulls and pigeons be grounded, unless wearing (leak-proof - oooh, yes; must be elasticated and leak-proof!) nappies, maybe? :whistle:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Sorry - having a problem keeping a straight face at some folks' idea that riders be expected to clean up their horses' dung after them.

Whatever will they come up with next? A requirement that seagulls and pigeons be grounded, unless wearing (leak-proof - oooh, yes; must be elasticated and leak-proof!) nappies, maybe? :whistle:

No doubt the same types who move to the country then complain about cows mooing disturbing the peace.

And I speak as a city boy just to be clear

Top Bottom