What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Last night Manic Street Preachers at the Ritz Manchester, who were fab as ususal. Great to see them in a small venue with no fancy videos etc.

This Saturday, an 80s/90s all dayer at the Academy in manchester. Headlined by Echo & The Bunnymen with support from amongst others of The Wonderstuff, Jesus Jones to name a few. Can't wait.
Love the Ritz as a venue,had some good nights in there.

wormo

Guru
Love the Ritz as a venue,had some good nights in there.

Now that it is part of O2, I get advanced booking for gigs

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Tuesday night's gig was the seemingly immortal Gong in Glasgow. Fifty years after the band formed in the fields of northern France, I still can't quite believe that they're still going, albeit with a line up that would have been toddlers in Gong's heyday. Excellent stuff with excellent support from Ed Wynne (ex-Ozric Tentacles). This time snooker legend Steve Davis was spotted in the audience.

9 gigs down, 41 to go.

MontyVeda

Last night's gig was The Rutles in Preston... I saw them last year in Morecambe and was most impressed by their charm, wit and musicianship. It's also nice, having just turned 50, feeling like a relative youngster in the audience.

10 gigs down, 40 to go.

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
On Friday I went to see 'Take the Fifth', a Clash tribute band. It was the first time they'd played Birmingham for 10 years. After a while I began to recognize most of the audience and realized that they were the same people who had went to their gigs 10 years earlier. Then one or two of them recognized me. It was a bit like being at a school reunion.

Okay, not last night, but this month

Arrived!!:wahhey:
For Senior Management & myself
View attachment 469709

As seen Here

Not seen them since the tour for their 'Blast Off' tour (1989 - 1990?)

Should be good

This is the opening track, on their new CD

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puUM7mgehPM&fbclid=IwAR1_lMuwVYZGaajC0JuY80bEJ4zgQTrnBsJzPFObp-Bom82J9cjHJ5ushyk

Scary that the title reflects their time together (including the splits... like almost any band, but with no personnel changes)
It came in a box....
61523630_10217482206839354_5783486322366742528_n.jpg

CD
2 x 'coasters'
2 x stickers
1 x concert postcard
61311436_10217482206959357_3431337432488869888_n.jpg

It's a real shame that there probably isn't any viability in his bringing the Brian Setzer Orchestra over here, to tour

AndyRM

XOXO
A couple of weeks ago I went to see VNV Nation and it was up there as one of the best gigs I have ever been to. I love the music anyway, but it was so wholesome and inclusive which is something I've never experienced at a gig before and amplified the experience.

Next up is Cowboy Junkies, then InMe later in the year.

gaz71

Über Member
In the last 3 weeks ive seen Lewis Capaldi,well i was in the same venue as him.It was so busy when we got in we couldnt find a spot to see him so me and other half just sat and listened.He wasnt bad but i cant see what all the fuss is about.A week later i saw The Amazons which i enjoyed,then last night saw Bastille who put on a great show.All 3 gigs were at the Pryzm nightclub in Kingston.

MontyVeda

Last night's gig was The Steve Hillage Band in Manchester. He's one of the UK's most underrated guitarists and is probably best known for pioneering ambient house with his System 7 project in the early 90s... but last night was a celebration of his 70s stuff... all hippy dippy and trippy. An awesome set from a 68 year old and his trusty little Steinburger guitar.

11 down, 39 to go.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Last night "London Calling" a Clash tribute band in Bristol - really really good. Was, and still am, a fan of the Clash, though never went to see them back in the day. This band really did them justice - they rocked !

And tonight, saw a performance of Montiverdi Vespers - again fantastic from the opening fanfares all the end. The singers were astonishingly good ably supported by the sackbuts, cornets (ie the wooden pre-trumpet with recorder like holes) and giant lute as well as more normal strings. Not bad to still be performed after 400 years. There was a slightly surreal moment when I thought someone was having a spliff, which would be a bit naughty in a cathedral after all, but they were actually burning incense , presumably to help convey the original liturgical purpose of the piece

vickster

Legendary Member
In the last 3 weeks ive seen Lewis Capaldi,well i was in the same venue as him.It was so busy when we got in we couldnt find a spot to see him so me and other half just sat and listened.He wasnt bad but i cant see what all the fuss is about.A week later i saw The Amazons which i enjoyed,then last night saw Bastille who put on a great show.All 3 gigs were at the Pryzm nightclub in Kingston.
I saw Divine Comedy launch their new album at Pryzm on Wednesday. Under £20 with a copy of their new CD in Deluxe double guide :okay:
Neil Hannon mercilessly ripped the pee out of the venue With quips about foam parties after the gig :laugh:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
IMG_20190608_211925858_BURST000_COVER.jpg
The Kaiser Chiefs at Elland Road, headlining the Leeds United Centenary gig.

I doubt that there is a better band in the UK right now for getting a crowd involved. Beyond awesome.

The support bands were good too, even though Gaz Coombes despite being listed as "from Supergrass" chose not to play a single one of their songs...

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...-coming-gig-in-leeds-at-elland-road-1-9812112

Top Bottom