What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Bought some new cycling clothes, arrived today.

From GCN, in their Black Friday Sale. 1 long sleeved jersey, two pairs of bib shorts. These may be the cheap end of the clothing market, but still way better than what I had before, which were also wearing out, particularly the shorts.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Something missing from trying to remove the car from my life as much as possible was a way of picking up our takeaways. I hate delivery services as its always poor and if its out of certain distance walking is not feasible, so I have been after a bargain on one of these styles of bags for a while.

£10 off facebook I think it has never been used, will be great for shopping too.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A whole pile of bits in the last two weeks:
  • Some jockey wheels - ceramic nice ones for son no. 2's new race bike, plus some cheap replacements for my Avanti Circa 1 cross bike.
  • 16 Shimano stainless brake cables
  • A Shimano cantilever brake set for the Avanti. Hopefully it'll actually stop now ...
  • Two pairs of Dura-Ace pedals plus a pair of Shimano SPD pedals
  • A Delta gravity bike rack (cheap on eBay)
  • A pair of Pirelli P Zeo Velo tyres
  • A Conti GP4000 tubular tyre
  • A pair of Vittoria Corsa G.20 tyres
  • A pair of CX Comp tyres
  • A Thule bike carrier
  • A Raleigh bike workstand
  • A nos Thun crankset
  • Three OnGuard locks
  • A Zefal chrome / leather bottle cage
  • A couple of LED bike lights
  • A couple of replacement Shimano Junior 14-28 cassettes
  • A 52 tooth, 86bcd chainring
  • and some cantilever brake pads.
That's a big list but we're setting up race bikes for 2022 and getting son no. 2 equipped with stuff he'll need later next year and the bike stand / rack / locks came up for sale cheaply.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Something missing from trying to remove the car from my life as much as possible was a way of picking up our takeaways. I hate delivery services as its always poor and if its out of certain distance walking is not feasible, so I have been after a bargain on one of these styles of bags for a while.

£10 off facebook I think it has never been used, will be great for shopping too.

View attachment 620161

And doing some Deliveroo-ing on off days? :whistle:

Some tubeless valves and small tool pouches from 76 projects' , an XT 11-46 cassette.

Also had an e-mail from Stayer saying they are ready to go when I give them the ok for the geo on the new bike.

roley poley

Über Member
two marathon green guard tyres from spa... because the CST sensamo speed (genesis day one 20) are now getting FAR too many punctures ...hope things improve

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
My Aldi winter gloves have not really performed that well on the sub 0 days and in particular have been quite poor in the rain so I was on the look out for something waterproof, warm and we'll priced.

I ordered a couple of pairs of tegera work wear gloves, the all black and green pair are rated for contact with -10C and the thicker white pair to -30C so I expect comfort level of about 5C for the thin and cold enough for the others.

£30 for the two pairs, let's see how they hold up.

IMG_20211206_195541.jpg

IMG_20211206_195605.jpg

IMG_20211206_195629.jpg

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
two marathon green guard tyres from spa... because the CST sensamo speed (genesis day one 20) are now getting FAR too many punctures ...hope things improve
I have been using 32 mm Marathon green guard on my Boardman CX . I don’t think you will be disappointed with the puncture resistance. Having said that , I ordered some Marathon Supremes from Merlin , they arrived today . I’m hoping for a livelier ride without sacrificing to much puncture protection .

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
I got some of the Aldi Cycling Chinos which arrived tonight, colour is not my normal style, but happy with the fit.

Gonna give them a a whirl tomorrow morning and see how they stand up to my commute, since for the last week or so I have had to carry in some jeans to change into as it's not been shorts temperature in the office, so hopefully these will cover both roles well.

Photo to show the colour.

IMG_20211207_185102.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My Aldi winter gloves have not really performed that well on the sub 0 days and in particular have been quite poor in the rain so I was on the look out for something waterproof, warm and we'll priced.

I ordered a couple of pairs of tegera work wear gloves, the all black and green pair are rated for contact with -10C and the thicker white pair to -30C so I expect comfort level of about 5C for the thin and cold enough for the others.

View attachment 620915

View attachment 620916

View attachment 620917
i tend to use those magic gloves , thin woollen gloves as liners with those aldi gloves and seems to work ok.I do have some btwin 500 winter gloves which are excellent .

GeekDadZoid

Über Member

View attachment 620915

View attachment 620916

View attachment 620917
I got some of the Aldi Cycling Chinos which arrived tonight, colour is not my normal style, but happy with the fit.

Gonna give them a a whirl tomorrow morning and see how they stand up to my commute, since for the last week or so I have had to carry in some jeans to change into as it's not been shorts temperature in the office, so hopefully these will cover both roles well.

Photo to show the colour.

View attachment 621126

So today was the first day out in the Cycling Chinos and the Thick gloves and I think it was an unfair test. Torrential rain for the full 45 mins. The chinos certainly kept me warm but where pretty much soaked by 5 mins in. The gloves held out for about 35 mins before I felt any moisture, this seemed to have wicked through where the thum loops of my jacked met it. based on how much water then have absorbed though they certainly did a good job.

Hopefully everything drys by home time.... and to make it better all three of my meetings today have been moved to Zoom :angry:

Top Bottom