Your favourite guitar solo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Some decent guitar bits in this (without the face).

KneesUp

Guru
Here is Clapton telling the story of when first he heard the playing of Duane 'Skydog' Allman - I'd find it hard to pin it down to one 'favourite' but this is a great listen.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Not really into shredders, but one of my guilty pleasures is an occasional foray into the JTC channel on YouTube where some of the hottest guitar players on the planet reside. Guthrie Govan is probably one of the best. I kind of like him when he plays a bit more bluesy and soulful as per the video below. But there are loads of pickers on that channel who are immense.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTi24AxJP_w

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The short solo at the end of Queen's We Will Rock You is pure no nonsense perfection.

Zappa's Watermelon (already posted).. is pure lots of nonsense perfection, but this particular version of What's New in Baltimore is one of my favourite Zappa solos (skip past the noodly nonsense to 1min 45 seconds)

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Not that I think it was the best part of the song, I liked the piano playing and the sheer bonkerish of the song, but the guitar sob starting about 3:00 was good, played by Dave Gilmour I believe.

At least it was better than her dancing.

Top Bottom