Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And not only that, you picked up a Strava QOM. That's good, I think, isn't it?
I have a feeling that all that tells you is that I am the only female to have cycled around the loch from this starting point, this year! :laugh:

@SatNavSaysStraightOn nice photos, especially that second one.

Thank you. I love those mountains and it is a real shame that the larger of the holiday homes (and the one best suited to crutches and a wheelchair) does not face that way and I really miss them! We usually have a holiday home facing them.. :cry:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
An autumnal feel to this mornings ride with lots of leaves on the ground.

Headed out thru Pucklechurch then took a right turn before Hinton hill & thru the villages of Dyrham, Doynton & Upton Cheyney.

Then joined the Railway path at Bitton where a new 'old' engine was being delivered.

image.jpg

A very enjoyable 30 kms :-)

https://www.strava.com/activities/408725804

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
For once the BBC got the weather forecast right and so this morning I set off just after 7:30 to do the Leicester Castle Classic route that was held last month.

Rather than ride into the city centre for the real start I rode to the nearest point on the route to my house and went from there. Pretty much sunshine all the way around, no sign of any rain and very light winds. The route took me along some very familiar roads and also along a few brand new roads for me. The route took me through the villages to the east of Leicester and strayed into enemy territory, known as Staffordshire and Derbyshire.

Normally when I go for a ride I just wing it, but I am going to become more disciplined as following a route is mentally much easier.

Made one huge mistake and didn't notice that the Robinsons our lass had bought was double concentrated. First sip from the bottle was a bit of a surprise! Still drank it though.

I stopped in Market Bosworth at around 70 miles and grabbed a sandwich, a bottle of water and a couple of cans of coke. Carried them to the next village on the route and stopped in brilliant sunshine for the sandwich and a can. Then had to carry the rubbish to the next village before I found a bin to get rid of it.

By the time I got to the official end of the route I had done 100 miles, this had increased to 103 miles by the time I reached the point I got onto the route. At this point I felt great and could have easily carried on but I needed to be getting home, so I looped off the route and home, by the time I got to the front door I had done 107.5miles and the October imperial century ride was in the bag.

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
https://www.strava.com/activities/408968581

McWifi again so I'll make this quick.

We followed Hubster's Garmin to Ipswich Hospital, stopping about 100 yards before to visit a bike shop for new tyre levers (we'll find the old ones now, you wait and see) and a couple of new air canisters for the tyre pumper-upper thingy.

We had a nice time, we were not in a hurry and enjoyed the scenery as it passed us by. I still think my Garmin has a death wish as it wanted us to come home a much dafter way than Hubster's garmin. I'm thinking of swapping them over, he'll never ever know.

Nearly 28 miles in 2 and a half hours. Cake was sadly lacking in Ipswich. We'll give that place a swerve in future. We found chips in the end. Not the same.

Postmanhat

First straight-from-work ride in ages today. Postie isn't the best job to warm-up for cycling so usually like to give my body at least an hours rest before setting off midweek. But will have to get used to it again for the next few months, so this was a long-delayed test run

Started riding 'properly' just over a year ago. Halfway round this evening, remembered that each of the climbs had forced me to stop at the first attempt. 3000 miles later, I was almost hoping they were a bit longer, except the last one!

https://www.strava.com/activities/408949172

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Posting a bit here and a bit in 'Tales from todays commute', really pleased my physio was happy for me to ride to work now, so up to 2 rides daily, each about 7 miles or so. Yesterday was a bit chilly on the way in at 0600, I was glad I dug out the full finger gloves. Nice quiet roads in the mornings, but coming home after 7 is a bit busier. On to nights tonight, so expect a busy ride in (but faster than in the car), and a quiet one home.

Old jon

Guru
Don't seem to have permission to view this
Ooops, sorry but I do not know why that is. My better half, who is not a member here, just entered the site and clicked the link and it worked fine.

This one is from yesterday's ride, Leeds, Oulton, Swillington, Garforth, Lotherton Hall to see the deer. Back via Aberford, Barwick in Elmet and Scholes. 29.7 miles, rather wonderful weather, and this short clip to demonstrate :-

Levo-Lon

Guru
Just a 15 miler today as i have my b12 jab later and my energy levels are way down..
what a fantastic day here today..13deg ,no wind and glorious sunshine..

slight pi55 off at the end of the ride as i crossed the school field.
guy and his wife walking 2 large labradoodles ,both about 40kg..
off the lead they see me and run full pelt 150yds straight for me ....owner screeming at them...wtf this could be intresting.
the reach me and start jumping up and barking ..wont let me move..
im getting verry annoyed..
dogs go to owner...No apology....i try to ride off and dogs mug me again...
i shout at middle aged owner , this is a school field and you cant control the dogs...
stop being grumpy he says...i replied if one bites me ill fooking kill it..and your next..
If this had be my mrs on the bike she would have been terified..and probably never ride a bike again.
why do some dog walkers think this is acceptable...tosser
20151009_101300.jpg
20151009_101701.jpg
20151009_103653.jpg
20151009_103012.jpg

Top Bottom