Cycling snobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheSoulReaver03

I know, right? You start off cycling with the belief that cyclists are friendly and energetic people who help others with the same passion. After all, all you do is just pushing down two pedals and make yourself go forward, all the while strengthening your legs. This is not a bike or a car or anything to brag about, right? Yeah, right. For me, at least.

Then there are those carbon maniacs who brag about how their bike is 2 kilos lighter than yours. Who gives a sh*t, seriously? You think those 2 kilos are gonna give you an advantage anywhere else than at climbs? Oh, ever heard of force of gravity at descending by the way?

These kind of guys ruin what sports are all about.

snorri

Legendary Member
It's like those who don't nod when I say hello. Why is that?

It's 'cos you look like the weirdest thing ever on two wheels, if you had a friend he would have told you by now.

Well, you did ask:biggrin:.

Different people cycle for different reasons. You need to decide why you want to cycle and do what you want.
I cycle primarily for pleasure. I enjoy cycling. Everything else is secondary to me.
I do not cycle to race, train or to build my stamina. So I am not interested in figures like speed, cadence, heart rate etc etc.
I wear what is comfortable for me. They are mostly from Aldi and Decathlon B Twin. It is nothing to do with affordability.
I do have 3 different bikes for 3 different purposes.
Regarding hills, I am happy if I get to the top, What speed I get there is not so important for me.

So, ignore comments and just enjoy cycling.

ayceejay

Guru
Every morning I wake up around seven, according to my Apple watch, the watch has an app. that allows me to check: the weather, the hew being caste by the sun and what everyone else will be wearing today to cope with these conditions - then I check my Rapha wardrobe. Lately the beard/no beard thing has been a drag until I sourced www,faceup.com so now I am set, until - oh my Lord black bikes are non de rigeur, if only Swatch would enter this market. And then today some oik on a totally non u thing bought in the High Street called me a snob WELL - nobber to him.

Disclaimer for ralieghnut - none of this is true.

Top Bottom