Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Not many bargains around hence the lack of activity here

I picked up a set of 8 metric spanners in Lidl's promotions remainder bargain bucket the other day for the princely sum of £3.49 (reduced from an eye-watering £4.99 :eek:) .
I'm not going to kid myself they are of snap-on quality, but for casual use they're plenty good enough. You can never have too many hand tools, especially if like me you generally keep one basic set in a vehicle and have others indoors and not want to keep moving tools from one to the other every five minutes..
P.S. Just remembered previous to that I got some leftover small stainless steel D shackles for a quid a packet, reduced from £2.99, then bizarrely only a couple of weeks later they were back on sale again at £2.99.
On neither occasion did I actually go into the shop looking for tools or hardware items!

Last edited:

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Gotta love the Middle of Lidl, SJ. I got a soldering iron for a tenner the other week.

Not sure if these have been mentioned. Cheapish saddles at Chain Reaction:

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/saddles?sort=discount

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Actually if you get to the end of the listing it turns into saddle and seat post hardware, so it's only a few pages of actual saddles. That's why I sorted it by biggest discount rather than price. You have to factor in postage, but £15 for a decent branded saddle is pretty good. I don't think I have ever used Chain Reaction so not sure what customer service is like re returns etc.

vickster

Legendary Member
Actually if you get to the end of the listing it turns into saddle and seat post hardware, so it's only a few pages of actual saddles. That's why I sorted it by biggest discount rather than price. You have to factor in postage, but £15 for a decent branded saddle is pretty good. I don't think I have ever used Chain Reaction so not sure what customer service is like re returns etc.
never had an issue with CRC. 365 day free returns via Asda (they’re part of Wiggle but I always use CRC as they actually have customer services humans you can phone).

Unfortunately the filter by gender doesn’t seem to work on the saddles, as all of the Bontrager ones when filtered by female are non-wsd

Schwalbe City Jet HS474 Tyre - Amber Wall - 26 x 1.50 Inch 40-559
Linky at SJS

These have been discontinued, it seems, so this looks like a good deal. Still twice this price at most outlets. Shame the 50-559 is not available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Cheap Shimano Ultegra Di2 shifters here;
https://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-ultegra-6770-di2-sti-levers-56443.html?source=PHG

Edit - Out of stock now.

Last edited:

simongt

Guru
In 1964, I bought a copy of R.J.Way's 'Cycling' reduced from five bob to a shilling. It introduced me to 'proper' cycling, began my fascination for bikes with odd frames; Paris Galibier, Curly Hetchins, Bates VS37, Thanet Silverlight etc., and I still have it - ! :okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In 1964, I bought a copy of R.J.Way's 'Cycling' reduced from five bob to a shilling. It introduced me to 'proper' cycling, began my fascination for bikes with odd frames; Paris Galibier, Curly Hetchins, Bates VS37, Thanet Silverlight etc., and I still have it - ! :okay:

Not quite a bargain, as you've probably spent a small fortune on 'proper cycling' due to that.

Worth it though ! :okay:

Top Bottom