Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Mine haven’t arrived yet either.

On another note, I picked up a bike maintenance stand, pannier bags and track pump from Lidl this morning. I’ve put the stand together, but not had chance to put the bike on it yet.

I passed on the light - Have always been wary of USB lights but thought it might be handy for touring and I rated the similar looking 4xAA light they did last time - great for night rides. But it turns out that it is all automatic - the damn think decides what power to run at as it thinks it's more intelligent than you/how long it will take you to ride to the pub. Sod that. just something to go wrong. Pity - next time maybe.

edit - to be honest reallee, i'd be wary of the pump and panniers. Hope I'm wrong. Sure you'll be happy with the stand though.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I passed on the light - Have always been wary of USB lights but thought it might be handy for touring and I rated the similar looking 4xAA light they did last time - great for night rides. But it turns out that it is all automatic - the damn think decides what power to run at as it thinks it's more intelligent than you/how long it will take you to ride to the pub. Sod that. just something to go wrong. Pity - next time maybe.

edit - to be honest reallee, i'd be wary of the pump and panniers. Hope I'm wrong. Sure you'll be happy with the stand though.

I thought it was worth a look-see. Never bought anything from Lidl before. The stand seems to be absolutely solid though.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My crivit panniers are probably over 10 years old but it's difficult to screw up double panniers.

The rigid plastic hooks on the current single panniers look like they probably won't last long, but then you can spend £10+bolts a pannier fitting Ortlieb hooks and still have a reasonably good set. ;)

Have you or anyone else received them?
Ordered 2 on saturday for delivery. . Not received yet but yesterday got a mail asking for feedback "as it's several days since you collected them".

edit: their powerbank prices seem to be generally appalling.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/...es/car-phone-accessories/?549982520&0&cc5_708

even with the current sale55 code applied.

I opted for in-store collection as it's only up the road from where I work, but I haven't bothered to collect as I have a power bank already and I don't need another.

Elysian_Roads

Have you or anyone else received them?
Ordered 2 on saturday for delivery. . Not received yet but yesterday got a mail asking for feedback "as it's several days since you collected them".

edit: their powerbank prices seem to be generally appalling.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/...es/car-phone-accessories/?549982520&0&cc5_708

even with the current sale55 code applied.
Interestingly, I wasn't give the delivery option, so at the time was a little miffed when I heard everyone else had. Now in retrospect, it may have been a blessing in disguise.....

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My crivit panniers are probably over 10 years old but it's difficult to screw up double panniers.

The rigid plastic hooks on the current single panniers look like they probably won't last long, but then you can spend £10+bolts a pannier fitting Ortlieb hooks and still have a reasonably good set. ;)

I broke the hooks on my Crivit single panniers after a year of commuting - in fact the whole plastic plate split - the material itself was fine. I bought Ortliebs, but have saved the Crivits to do just what you have suggested - I jut need to find the Ortlieb parts for the rigth price.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I broke the hooks on my Crivit single panniers after a year of commuting - in fact the whole plastic plate split - the material itself was fine. I bought Ortliebs, but have saved the Crivits to do just what you have suggested - I jut need to find the Ortlieb parts for the rigth price.
Spa or SJS seem to charge about £10. I think SJS charge less postage if you're not ordering more.

But mjr that is an expensive only partial solution isn't it? I'd much rather put that £30 towards a new or second hand pair of ortliebs. I have some second hand ortliebs, ie mine for 20 years, still look like new, not devraded at all.

Last edited:
HOY 14-1 Multi Chain Tool Kit, Evans Ebay store, £8.79

hoy-14-1-multi-tool-black-EV211877-8500-1.jpg

Re the lidl light referred to above, it appears that it does have a manual mode after all, though you wouldn't guess it from the sealed packaging. Have no idea if it is easy to tell if you are in auto or one of three manual light levels though as it is all controlled from the same button.

Top Bottom